Natural Ways To Reduce Pain
Pain can be disabling. Pain medications can help reduce pain but do have side effects. Here are some natural ways to reduce pain.
Endorphins are natural pain relievers produced by your body.
They work by binding to the opioid receptors in your brain to block the perception of pain, similar to opioid pain medication.
- Laughing can help increase endorphins and help decrease pain.
- Enjoy life as much as possible.
- Do the things you enjoy such as playing music or talking to a good friend.
- Exercise can help raise the feel good hormones.
- If you are in pain, exercise may be difficult.
- Talk to your physician and start with low impact exercising such as walking or a stationary bicycle.
- Exercise can help increase movement an decrease stiffness.
Too much sun is never good as it increases the risk of skin cancer and aging but your body does benefit from sun exposure.
- Sunlight helps raise the levels of vitamin D which may help decrease pain levels.
- Sunlight can also increase the serotonin level which helps boost your mood and helps decrease pain.
- Some foods contain components that can help reduce pain.
- Eat healthy by consuming lean meats, fruits and vegetables.
- Cayenne pepper has been shown to decrease pain.
Whether using a heating pad, warming bottle or a warm bath, heat can relax muscles. Heat will increase blood flow to the area. Sunbeam 756-500 Heating Pad with UltraHeatTechnology
When you are tired you are usually more sensitive to things. Try to get enough sleep. Exercise can help fatigue the body making sleep easier. Relaxing before bed such as deep breathing can help settle the mind.
Hydration can help reduce pain. Dehydration can lead to dehydration which increases the risk of headaches and migraines. Patients who were hydrated had a better response to pain treatments
Talking with a counselor can help reduce pain by decreasing stress and help improve coping skills. Lifestyle changes and stress reduction not only help reduce pain, but they also help you cope with the symptoms when they flare up.
Have you heard the expression take a deep breath. Deep breathing can help relax you which can help decrease pain. Feeling tense increases pain.
Massage can help relax muscles and diminish pain.
Meditate Meditation can help increase relaxation which helps decrease pain.
Hypnosis Hypnosis can cause a state of relaxation
If your mind is occupied you are less likely to focus in on your pain.
There is no evidence based research to support the use of acupuncture to decrease pain but it has been used for centuries.
There are no long term prospective studies showing benefit but there are several studies supporting certain supplements