Possible Reasons Why You Are Tired
- Anemia is a deficiency in red blood cells. Red blood cells help move oxygen around your body. If your red blood cell count is low you may have anemia.
- Anemia may occur if your body is not producing enough red blood cells, destroying too many red blood cells or id it is losing to many red blood cells such as would occur with bleeding.
- Women who have heavy menstrual cycles may have anemia.
- Another common cause of anemia is a iron deficiency referred to as iron deficiency anemia. Iron is needed to transport oxygen, the low iron level will make you feel fatigued.
- Diabetes can cause fatigue. Most people know that they have diabetes. If you do not have diabetes but notice you are urinating more frequently, this could be a sign of diabetes.
- A slow thyroid can cause fatigue. The thyroid is a small gland in the neck which help with metabolism which can affect your heart, brain and other organs.
- Symptoms of hypothyroidism include fatigue, forgetfulness, depression and constipation. You may also have dry skin, hair loss and brittle nails.
- Sleep apnea is usually caused from an airway obstruction. As you sleep your airway collapses which causes obstruction. You will need to wake up to catch a breath, the cycle of sleep and wake can wear your down causing fatigue. If you feel yourself waking from sleep grasping from air you may have sleep apnea. Pauses of breathing when sleeping can also be another sign, they may be noticed by someone who has watched or listened to you sleep.
- Hot flashes can make it uncomfortable to sleep. Sleep in light clothing and layer blankets so that you can change them throughout the night if needed.
- Depression can cause loss of sleep. The relationship in between sleep and depression is complex but exists none the less. Seek medical help if you feel you are depressed. Therapy with a specialist can help improve your symptoms.
Not enough sleep
- Make sure you are getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Avoid coffee and soda at night.
Tips on better sleep
- Try to exercise throughout the day which can help improve sleep at night.
- Find out what is making you struggle to fall asleep. For example, if it is because you suffer from anxiety then it might be worthwhile using something like CBD oil as this can help give you a better quality of sleep. If this is something that interests you then you could use something like Neoteric Nutra nextHEMP to help you get that better night’s sleep that you want.
- Meditation, reading or quiet time can help quiet the mind.
What do you do to sleep better at night?